For someone like me, grew up in a house full of guests often, where there was always need to peel potatoes, chop vegetables and mix water and flour, was a natural passion for cooking since childhood ... Growing up is pretty normal for a bit then habits 'change: more commitments, you have less time for everything, but you also learn how to make a virtue of necessity, maybe some cooking' but maybe not (indeed, I hope) a bit 'better!
later life happen rather than the pleasure of cooking is often overshadowed by the thought that makes then wash the dishes, arrange and clean all ... so it ended up with increasing frequency we are saying the classic phrase, "But why do not you go get something to eat out?" ... Too bad that just as you come home more often disappointed by poor quality of the dishes that the chef of this beautiful city we have all the time. What then, I say, not allegedly 'the perfect dinner', not that we Vissani you cook at home who knows, we just eat decently, and yet nothing, every time you take a good rip-off! Obviously then there is unleashed so, recounting our adventures and sharing them with those (actually you are more and more!) Read, are becoming convinced of the great laughter of our dinners around Arezzo.
days ago I read about D La Repubblica delle Donne an article on the latest bestseller by Tamasin Day-Lewis (yes, the sister of Daniel), a kind of recipe collection on the road between America and Italy, and made me smile a reflection of the writer: "The life of a traveling food writer is not always a bed of soft foie gras. Often you chew bitter ... as I understand it, happens to us too often to eat bad!
That's right we are talking about foie gras I remember a few weeks ago when we stopped for dinner with my niece The kiosk, the small but very nice restaurant in Via Cavour, in the Classical High School to be clear ... In short, it was a Monday in January in all respects with a cold and wet in the center beyond the desolation there 'was little, so little place to see this gem made us me want to go ... and after a while even to get out, though!
We welcome a lady with a beautiful smile and at least for my niece the evening was going so well, I rather that they are not as lucky with the male in this room I'll throw it on the menu ... decidedly Tuscan cuisine, but that's okay, the rest where we are, no? I order the usual appetizer of the house so hated by my husband, but honestly getting tired because I never even once it was decent, and my nephew, a much-vaunted vegetable soup with pumpkin, in Pole Position between the specials , muffin and some chickpeas that the chef goes to another flat, but we are kind enough to bring the same.
In less than no time everything comes to the table ... So, where do I begin? Then, the soup, the dicing vegetables unmistakably industry, was nothing but a soup that he knew so much about That's Amore and a little more, muffins, the lady assured us in every way the chef did absolutely and only with chickpea flour, were as white as the Venetian polenta and tasteless as the water of the Po (for review when there's a bag of chickpeas port to see if you know them!) appetizer a nice flat empty refrigerator in which, over usually sliced, stood out a slice of liver pate hard that it took the knife to cut it, an unlikely and mousse boh a tart of puff pastry, the kind that thirty years ago found in communion with refreshments in cream and fruit, filled with a rancid really do not know what, the taste of which I dutifully placed a knife and fork and passed at 16:20 the pot to the lady because she was really intolerable even the view!
At that point, you say, we had better get up ... and yet we do not, tough as pine green peposo you order a side dish with roast potatoes, to see if you can get something to eat. But no, screwed there too, because the potatoes were boiled and the meat stew wad that my poor teeth struggled to swallow! Of course, discouraged, ever since Mrs. they continue to bring us back and almost untouched plates away, order another bottle of wine and we eat two slices of bread with oil under the astonished eyes of the lady who, in my opinion, the bill c'aveva already in hand so We hoped we increase. Instead we were still quite a bit ', indeed, go back I would ask him a nice tomato Struffi above, as they say in my house!
... Ah, the bill? 69 euro including 30 wine, with receipt stapled to the strictly business card as if to say 'let us advertising I recommend' ... and as not so, I recommend the kiosks yes, more than anything else I recommend you not to go there! At the next
,
Sbaffina
0 comments:
Post a Comment